Welcome!

Welcome to my blog, which one day, hopefully, should be filled with wonderful handmade card ideas! My goal is to create a blog with ideas for some easy, 'make-able' cards for you to take inspiration from! (It's what I've always needed to help me!)

Tuesday 15 January 2013

Last Christmas...

I was so busy at the end of last year, that I didn't manage to get all my cards uploaded, so I thought I'd take the opportunity, seeing as this afternoon's school was canceled because of the snow!
So this is one of last year's cards, which used up a very nice amount of snippets!




I used some papers that I bought the year before, but had never managed to use. I took a blank card and stuck the green paper (you can see below) straight on to it. Out of the red paper I cut 4 square holes, and put some green card on the flaps to strengthen them.






Onto the green paper that was still visible I stuck the four 'Christmassy' things, Santa, bells, a present and a robin.
On top of the four flaps I then stuck some holly paper, followed by a red edged circle and the letters. I already had the christmas tree sticker.





I do have a question for you all now:
I was thinking about making some pictures, framed similar to the one I made back in July for Sonny (which you can see here). Though I've got some really good ideas, none of them seem right for my friends of family... so do you, or anyone you know want to buy any framed work or wooden engraving? Or do you know any ways I could find people who would like to buy them? Thanks for your help :)

2 comments:

  1. Such a clever card, a bit like an advent calender - you do have some super ideas Carys!

    Why not think about your own little Etsy shop? I'm not into it so can't help much but am sure the pictures would sell - I love what you made for Sonny - as linked - and did think I commented.

    Hugs, Di xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. BRILLIANT hidden images. Fab idea for a card.

    Hugs
    Sarn xxx

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment, they are really appreciated :D CarysL