Welcome!

Welcome to my blog, which one day, hopefully, should be filled with wonderful handmade card ideas! My goal is to create a blog with ideas for some easy, 'make-able' cards for you to take inspiration from! (It's what I've always needed to help me!)

Sunday 2 December 2012

Birthday Butterflies

I know, I should be revising now but I just couldn't help finishing this card to take a break from the Endo- and Exothermic reactions I'd been studying for the last hour!
It's my cousin's birthday next week and I know she loves everything from Cath Kidston to buttons, so I thought the beads and butterflies on this would be perfect :)
I used a rectangle card, 12.2 x 17.8 cm, and cut 6 circles out, which were all 4.6 cm in diameter. I then glued brown paper behind this and then plain card behind that, so from the inside it looked seamless! I then dug through my snippets and found some small pieces of card that were similar shade dotted. I cut out some butterfly shapes and glued only the body of the butterfly to the card. Finally I stuck beads along the body to give a 3D effect and folded up the wings.
Back to revision then... but I have a quick swing at The Playground on my way! :)

4 comments:

  1. This is such a simple, gorgeous card! What a great idea for using snippets! Love it!

    love Mags B x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous Carys - lovely butterflies too and cleverly made. Hugs, Di xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Smashing, Carys, love the butterflies - anything dotty does for me. And I'd be cardmaking in preference to studying endo and exo thingies too :)) Love the snowfall thing you have going on here. Elizabeth xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow Carys . . . that is one VERY pretty card. xxx

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment, they are really appreciated :D CarysL